Rebels of the Retour, Reclamation and Rehabilitation (3R) rebel movement in the Central African Republic, from Sunday to Monday, September 14, 2020, invaded the Mbotoga and Bohong communities situated about 70 kilometres from Bocaranga on the Bouar highway forcing hundreds of villagers to flee into nearby bushes.
As the rebel combatants arrived Mbotoga, they opened fire with light and heavy guns, throwing the people into panic and forcing hundreds to flee into the bushes.
The same scenario was repeated in Bohong early Monday, September 14. After forcing the villagers to flee, they invaded the council building carting away every movable valuable.
According to the population of Ouham-Pende and Nano-Mambere, the rebel combatants were executing specific orders given to them by their hierarchy, namely to disturb to the maximum, the electoral process underway in the country and thus retaining power. This is in total disagreement with the firm wishes of the international community which is bent on seeing the elections held within the constitutional schedule.
“As at around 4 a.m. this morning, Tuesday, September 15, 2020, some columns of the fighters were seen leaving the localities of Mbotoga and Bohong perhaps because the communities are completely deserted, and there are no people for them to harass”, a villager in hiding told HumAngle by phone.
Eyewitnesses told reporters that the 3R rebels are probably heading to the sub-prefecture of Koui, formerly called De Gaulle.
The leader of the Movement for the Liberation of the Central African People (MLPC), Honourable Martin Ziguele, has strongly denounced the destabilising activities of 3R which, he said, have continued to turn the populations of Ouham-Pende and Nana-Nambere into martyrs.
The MLPC spokesperson, Lucie Agbo revealed that the 3R destructive activities continue because the Central African head of state failed to heed to the repeated advise the party had been giving him concerning the security of the country.