News

Fire Guts Nigerian Army Headquarters

The fire has been extinguished as of press time.

The Nigerian Army headquarters in Abuja, the country’s capital, Tuesday morning was gutted by fire.

According to The Nation, Mohammed Yerima, Director of Army Public Relations and a Brigadier General, said the outbreak resulted from a minor electrical fault that sparked the fire at one of the offices.

Yerima was quoted as saying that the headquarters was undergoing a renovation that involves electrical repairs at some offices.

He added that the firefighters at the headquarters have already extinguished the fire as they released the statement.

“Electrical fault sparked a minor fire incident at the Army Headquarters Complex, Abuja, Tuesday morning,” Yerima said.

“The incident which happened at about 10.15 am was as a result of a minor electrical fault in one of the offices.”

“The Army Headquarters complex is currently undergoing some renovation involving electrical rework.”

“The Nigerian Army Fire Service Department has since put out the fire. No casualty was recorded during the incident, and normalcy has since returned to the complex.”

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means without proper attribution to HumAngle, generally including the author's name, a link to the publication and a line of acknowledgement.

Aliyu Dahiru

Aliyu Dahiru Aliyu is a researcher with expertise in areas such as fact-checking and insecurity. He was a research programs officer at the CDD West Africa and Tech. Officer at CITAD. He has contributed to CNN, BBC, etc.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »