News

Fire Guts Dormitory At Kano State School Of Midwifery

A fire at Kano State College of Nursing and Midwifery, Karkasara,Taurani Local Government Area, on Wednesday night destroyed 16 rooms on the second floor of the female hostel of the institution, known as Sa’idu Fagge Hostel.

Khadija Muhammad, a student and an eyewitness, said the fire started around 6:20p.m. from a toilet and later spread to the rooms.

Khadija said heat from the fire which lasted for over an hour, caused cooking gas cylinders in the  rooms to explode and caused serious damage before firefighters arrived to save the situation.

A student of the collage, Abba Bala Bama, told HumAngle that Sa’idu Fagge Hostel had 48 rooms in all with 16 on each floor.

Saidu explained there was an average of five students per room, especially the double rooms, occupied by those in the first year class, while each final year student occupied a single room.

An official of the college told HumAngle that he could not speak on the incident as he lacked the authority to do so but gave an assurance that the management would provide all necessary information after assessing the incident.

Meanwhile, Saidu Muhammad, the Kano State Fire Service spokesperson, said investigation was ongoing on the incident.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means without proper attribution to HumAngle, generally including the author's name, a link to the publication and a line of acknowledgement.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »