News

Zamfara Government Returns Displaced Community Members To Their Homes, Deploys Security

The Zamfara State government has introduced security measures to safeguard members of Tungar Buntu, Tungar Lauti, Awala and kwantiragi in Maru and Jengbe in Mafara local government areas where armed gangs massacred no fewer than 77 people last week between June 3, 2020 and June 4, 2020

The Senior Special Assistant on New Media, Abdulwali Anwar Tahir, said ” the governor as a proactive measure to the menace has ordered a rapid deployment of officers, and amenities to the people.

“The people have been supplied with food and all essentials, also we took all of them back home assuring them of safety.

“The governor has also deployed a combined team of military, mobile police and civil, defence in the areas, especially the flashpoints and routes of the marauding criminals.

“They were all kept in primary schools, but the government is committed to their safety.

“The governor has appealed to the people and assured them of their safety, we have already given them all they need so far.”

Hauwa Aliyu, a community member and nursing mother, said she could not feed her two-month-old child after the bandits attacked her community.

“I couldn’t even sit to feed my child. We have now returned with security men. The state governor visited us yesterday and donated food, we are hoping that they stay here for long untill after they finish these criminals.”

Bala Zaman Gira said, “we have always wanted to return, we cannot leave our farms and stay in primary schools, we have to come and farm.

“We are thankful for the security deployed; we hope they will secure our lands for farming.”

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »
Close
Close