News

Negotiation Continues After Terrorists Kidnapped Son Of District Head In Minna

The armed men who invaded Tassampa and Notuko villages under Minna, Niger State  Sunday night, have engaged the villagers in a tightrope negotiation for the ransom of one Mubaraq who was kidnapped during the attack.

Mubaraq is the son of Usman Mai Anguwa Notuko,  District Head of Notuko village in Bosso Local Government of Niger State, Northcentral Nigeria.

A source in the village who did not want to be named for his safety told HumAngle that the terrorists have initially requested for N5 million ransom but later pegged it to N3 million Including recharge cards.

Another source told our reporter the bandits have expressed anger over distress calls by some of the villagers who were abusing them using dirty languages.

He said the family of Mubaraq who is still in captivity has tendered an apology to the armed group and have given them two cell numbers which they should only receive calls from to further the negotiation.

However, contrary to reports that two persons were kidnapped from the village, HumAngle investigated revealed that only one person was abducted while two others were seriously injured.

The two injured persons are currently under treatment at IBB Specialist hospital, Minna after being turned down at General Hospital, Minna.

The last Sunday attack on the suburbs of Minna has indicated how stronger banditry is getting in Niger State.

After the attack, the villagers were forced to flee to a nearby primary school in Minna to ensure their safety.

However, it was reported that the villagers have returned to their communities on Tuesday.

To ascertain the security of the people resituated to their villages, HumAngle’s efforts to reach the local government Chairman of the affected areas.

When contacted through phone on what is being done to protect the people, Abubakar Gomma, Chairman of Bosso Local Government was not immediately available. Calls and messages to his mobile phone were not answered or replied.

Gomma, who had earlier confirmed the incident was reported to have said the villagers were relocated from the community for fear of another attack.

The chairman, who visited the victims at the primary school, accompanied by the Commissioner for Budget and Planning, Mamman Musa and the lawmaker representing Bosso Constituency in the House of Assembly, Malik Madaki, expressed concern about the attack.

He said the council would work with security agencies to protect lives and property.

Similarly, Wasiu Abiodun, the Niger State Police Public Relations Officer, when contacted, asked the reporter to come to his office for any information.

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed or transmitted in any form or by any means without proper attribution to HumAngle, generally including the author's name, a link to the publication and a line of acknowledgement.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Translate »